Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Expansionist Meme

but this one was interesting.

The Expansionist Meme:

Please thoughtfully consider the following, and choose one item for each of the categories below. (Be sure to describe your reasons for choosing)
One religious work from a non-familiar tradition you’ll read:


I don't know much about QiGong except that it's practitioners were/are being arrested in China for being subversives. It sounds interesting and my energy definitely needs to flow better.


One music video–that you like–from your “least likely to listen to” genre:

This one was difficult because I listen to almost everything; can't even say I hate country-western anymore. Why did I choose this one? It's raw, it's in your face, and I like the vid - they did a great job. (I didn't even know they were a local Dallas band until I found this one). This is Bodies from Drowning Pool. (I was kind of a headbanger back in the day-shhhhhhhhh let's keep that one between us.) :)







A book from a genre you almost never read, that you have read, or you will read (promise!):
I never read travel books. I generally like where I am (only place I wasn't happy living was North Hollywood but that's another story). Peter Greenburg is great; he shows you the 'less travelled' places to visit - like alcohol trips (visits to breweries and wineries of course. The book of his I promise I'll read (it's on my wish list after all):

Somewhere you’d never thought to go on holiday/vacation, and why it might be fun to go there:

Russia - I always thought of Russia as too bleak and dreary and depressing, but apparently it's moved into the 21st century in a big way. It appears to have more to offer in the way of nightlife as well as traditional touristy spots like these:


I promise I'll go one day. I just like the idea of all that history in one country and the architecture is gorgeous.

A specific food you’ve never tried, but will because of this meme, honest!:




Yeah, I promise. Right. In case you hadn't guessed that's park squirrel he's eating. In the anything tastes good fried category?

A sport or game you really hate, or haven’t tried yet, but are willing to give one more go:




If Bill Gates and Warren Buffet can play I can give it one more go. I really can't stand Bridge - I much prefer Spades.


A style of dance you probably won’t try (we won’t make you promise on this one):


Two Step (I live in Texas after all) ;)


and I ran out of space - continued in part 2

No comments:

Twitter Feed

    follow me on Twitter