Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Kind of Tutorial

This was posted on the freebie gallery:

Thistle Manor by Blackbird Designs

of course like so many it's out of print, or no longer available or whatever it is when you can't find a freebie anywhere. I searched all over and finally found it here but I said to myself darned if I'm going to pay $10AU for this.

So here's the tutorial part - short and sweet.

I found the original page over on the Blackbird Designs website for the freebie, but of course the link was broken. And then I remembered - The Wayback Machine. So, quick like a bunny (if I ever do anything quick), I copied and pasted the original url for the broken link to the Wayback Machine, and voila! Here's the final result (for me and anyone else who wants to stitch this pretty):

Thistle Manor freebie

I just clicked on the available pages until I found it. And there you are - proving once again that even though something might be deleted it's never really gone online. ;)

1 comment:

Daffycat said...

OMG! That link is incredible! I found stuff I thought was long gone! You clever girl!

Thank you so much for sharing!

Twitter Feed

    follow me on Twitter