Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Flu

Yep, I've got it. Bad last night - I won't go into details because I'm sure you all can relate. Not quite so bad now, just a bad headache that won't go away. My doctor won't let me go back to work until Monday and wouldn't write the note to go back Friday even though I did ask. So I have all this time and I have come to one conclusion. The television writers need to go back to work. Honestly, if I watch Ace of Cakes or The Girls Next Door (yeah, I've stooped to that level) one more time.... Now I'm watching Ghost Hunters reruns and thank god Torchwood started a new season. I just love that show - James Marsters and John Barrowman - what a kiss! :) And I'm probably the last one to know but John Barrowman can actually sing - check him out on YouTube - he's not the greatest but he's not half bad. And when you look that good you can get away with almost anything. I admit it, I'm shallow. ;)

Anyway, off to more Gatorade and chicken soup - picking up meds tomorrow even though I hate taking them. Oh and speaking of meds; one of my friends I have coffee with told me about his mother's recipe - remember this was back in the day like, 60 years ago. Spoonful of sugar soaked in kerosene. And I do believe he was serious. He said it cured any throat ailment. My thought is she gave it to him once and threatened to again and he said, 'No Mom, I'm fine, really'. And I have one resolution I'm keeping this year - flu shot. I skipped it this year and look what happened.

No comments:

Twitter Feed

    follow me on Twitter