Saturday, September 15, 2007

New Glasses

Normally this would not be a cause for a happy dance; for one I paid out of pocket (I will get reimbursed and then I can bill the secondary) but for 8 1/2 months now I've had a $250 pair of glasses that only gave me headaches and through which I could maybe see if I tilted them *just* right. You know, progressive lenses and supposedly they needed to do a slab off on the left lens. Truly though, I think they messed them up big time. Not the optometrist but the lab. The reason I say that is because the new glasses are 'computer glasses' i.e. single vision geared toward seeing the computer screen at arms' length. The doc made a point of saying ' if you get these then you won't be able to seen anything but the computer screen'. Wrong. I walked out of Walmart, put them on when I got to the truck (because I know better than to do anything that requires any kind of coordination like walking with new glasses on. Anyway, put them on and voila! I could read the signs across the street, the registration stickers three cars away, etc. The only thing I'm noticing is that if I look out of the corner of my eye it's a little blurry but hey, I'll keep the expensive not so great glasses for driving and the cheapo walmart single vision prescriptions for everything else. Now I know - ask for computer glasses. :)

No comments:

Twitter Feed

    follow me on Twitter